INESC Microsistemas e Nanotecnologia
INESC Microsistemas e Nanotecnologias (INESC-MN), a private non-profit R&D institute, has a class 100/10 clean room with optical and electron beam lithography, which enables the manufacture of nanoscale devices. INESC-MN’s activity is dedicated to cutting-edge research and development in strategic technological areas of micro- and nanotechnologies, as well as the application of these technologies in electronic, biological and biomedical devices.
INESC-MN supplies technology to Portuguese industry and international organisations through collaborative research, contract research, prototyping and consultancy.
In this Agenda, INESC-MN will apply its know-how to the industrial implementation of microfabrication for the development of electro-optical chips and the industrialisation of processes for integrated optical circuits.
developing as part of the Microelectronics Agenda
– Packaging of PICs using INESC-MN’s rapid prototyping platform for microfabricated elements
– It aims to develop scale microfabrication protocols and a platform for microfabricating packaging structures using thin film deposition techniques and lithographic processing.
– Consumables for microfabrication of supports for optical components, including silicon wafers, chemicals and process gases, grids and targets for the thin film deposition system.
– Microfabrication and microstructure processing equipment: mask aligner, etching system with end point detector, wafer cassette oven and automatic coating/revealing system for wafers. Equipment for placing chips after sawing.
– Clean room for a production area of microfabricated supports for PIC, including the wetbench for batch KOH wet etch processes of various wafers.
– Microstructure process quality control equipment: electric wafer tester with probe card and profilometer.